Cleaning your Forever BottleUpdated 8 months ago
If you've had your Forever Bottle for over a year, or you're refilling with a new fragrance, we recommend a thorough rinse first 🧽
The beautiful thing about refilling your Forever Bottle is that you’re saving another plastic bottle from landfill every single time you refill. How amazing is that! But in order to ensure the longevity of your dispenser (so it can be loved and passed down through the family like an antique), we’ve got some maintenance tips to follow, to ensure it is being cared for properly.
How to clean your Forever Bottle?
- Rinse your Forever Bottle with cool running water
- Fill the bottle with a squirt of liquid Dishwashing Liquid and lukewarm water. Do not use hot water, as this can weaken the plastic
- Allow the water to soak in the bottle for one hour
- Pour the water out of the bottle. Fill a sink with room temperature water and a squirt of Dishwashing Liquid
- Dip a soft cloth or sponge into the soapy water. Wipe down the outside of the bottle to remove dust and residue
- Rinse the inside and outside of the bottle with cool running water to remove all soapy residue
- Allow the bottle to air dry
- Be sure your containers are completely dry before refilling
Please avoid using any chemicals or any other type of cleaning solution that can weaken the plastic, causing it to become discoloured or cracked. We want these babies to last forever!
We recommend refreshing your Forever Bottle at least once a year with this sanitising routine, if you are refilling with the same product. Or if you’re trying out a new fragrance option, we would recommend cleaning your dispenser prior to refilling with the new fragrance to ensure that you can enjoy our carefully curated scents in all their glory!
How to clean your pumps and nozzles?
- Clear pumps and tops of all dried product residue with lukewarm water
- Rinse the fixture with 60% alcohol (e.g. isocol) mixed with water. For pumps, flush all product by pumping warm soap and water through until all product residue is gone. Then pump 60% alcohol through for at least 10 pumps / sprays